Frogwares has announced that their Lovecraftian detective game, The Sinking City has been delayed until June 27th. The game was originally meant to come out later this month but with so many games set to come out over the next few months, and after the massive AAA release overload of February, the team has decided to release their game in a less crowded time-frame. The additional time will also be spent on minor improvements and polishing the game.
The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You’re a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
- An oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft.
- A vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, in a diving suit…
- High replay value thanks to an open investigation system: each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions.
- An arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures.
- Manage your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness.
The Sinking City will now release for PC, PS4 and Xbox One on June 27, 2019.