Sabotage Studio announced today via the PlayStation Blog that The Messenger, crowned Best Indie Debut game at The Game Awards 2018, will launch on the PlayStation 4 on March 19, 2019, for $19.99 USD / 24.99$ CAD.
Players can also look forward to more content for free this summer with a whole new (and playable at PAX East 2019 in the indie MEGABOOTH) DLC called Picnic Panic. The tropics-inspired update promises to deliver on a fantastic new standalone storyline and a handful of new levels spreading across Voodkin Island.
Attending PAX East? You can book a demo appointment here and experience the DLC for the first time ever.
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra-tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.