Argonwood has today announced the upcoming launch of a new alpha phase for their epic Medieval strategy game, Rising Lords, via a brand new trailer.
The alpha, which is set to launch on Sunday 31st March, will give players a first taste of the game’s Campaign mode and will be completely free to those who sign up ahead of the launch.
Rising Lords is a Medieval turn-based strategy with card and board game elements. Send your serfs to fight and die in your name… or let them prosper, and use them to your advantage!
With both a robust single-player campaign and an exciting simultaneous multiplayer component, Rising Lords invites players to experience the psychology of war – getting into the minds of their enemies, and making their friends pay for questioning their right to rule.
Collect taxes and resources. Dictate rations and field work. Forge weapons, reshape the battlefield, raise armies, and build mighty fortified cities. Help your people become knights, or dump them on a battlefield far away, but be careful: even the most humble peasants will revolt eventually…
- Find the perfect balance – juggle production, resource gathering, diplomacy and treason, tax and rations – all vital in the success of your provinces
- Strategic battles – besiege your enemy’s cities to starve them out, go all-out attack, or wait for them to come to you
- Up to 4-player simultaneous multiplayer – no need to wait for each individual player to take their turn
- The psychology of war – Play mind games with your opponents with advanced social interactions
- Subtle variables – Morale, terrain and fortifications have a huge impact on battle, and the tide can turn quickly
- Customisation – Tailor your leader’s look and skills, and craft your perfect cities and troops
- Risks and opportunities – React to figures that visit your province. Find ways to take advantage, and work quickly to eliminate threats!
- Take your pick – React to more than 50 different events and collect unique cards to surprise your enemy!
The full game is due to launch for PC via Steam later in 2019. Players can sign up to the free alpha at signup.risinglords.com.