A judge has granted full temporary protection to the woman involved in an alleged domestic dispute over Jonathan Majors.
The order, requested by the Manhattan district attorney’s office, was granted with the approval of defense counsel, said Doug Cohen, the DA’s press secretary. The Hollywood Reporter In a statement on Thursday. A limited temporary protective order was granted during Majors’ March hearing. The actor, who has denied any wrongdoing, will appear in court on May 9.
After Majors’ legal representation released the video and lyrics, they claim the actor was not at fault. It also follows Majors being dropped this month by his management company, Entertainment 360, and public relations group, The Led.
The update on the status of the injunction was the first public comment by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office since what New York authorities described as a domestic dispute over a case involving assault charges against the actor.
Majors was arrested on March 25 after police responded to a 911 call about a domestic dispute in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood. The incident, according to New York police, allegedly involved a 30-year-old woman who alleged that she was assaulted by the actor, resulting in the woman – who has not been identified by police – reportedly suffering minor injuries to her head and neck.
Majors was arrested and now faces misdemeanor charges of strangulation, assault and aggravated harassment. The Creed III The actor was released from police custody the same day.
In an initial statement, Reps Devotion The star “didn’t do anything wrong,” echoing a similar statement last week from Majors’ criminal defense attorney, Priya Chaudhary.
“We have provided the District Collector with irrefutable evidence that the allegations are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated,” Chowdhury said.
A day after Majors’ arrest, a representative of the Army Enterprise Marketing Office announced that a major U.S. Army ad campaign featuring the actor had been suspended as a result of his arrest. “Although Mr. Majors is innocent until proven guilty, prudence dictates that we pull our ads until the investigation into these allegations is complete,” Laura DiFrancisco, head of public affairs for the office, said in a statement.