Guacamelee! 2, the tongue-in-cheek action-platformer with a unique luchador twist will launch on January 18 for the Xbox One. Developer DrinkBox Studios confirmed that both the “Three Enemigos” and “Proving Grounds” add-on packs will be available at launch.
Guacamelee! 2 for Xbox One will also be an “Xbox Play Anywhere” title, meaning Xbox One players will own both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of the game. It also supports cross-saves between both versions.
Those who pre-order the game now can get a nice 20% discount. If you’re wondering if Guacamelee 2! is your thing or not, check out Jay’s review of the PC version here.
About the Game
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges… and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
- An epic adventure spanning time and space, featuring drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- A brand new upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world, defeat their challenges, and develop your skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- A vibrant, colorful adventure that takes you from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself, featuring twice as many enemy types as the first game and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- An absolutely fuego electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities previously lost to the ages!
Guacamelee! 2 is available now for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC.