Atari, one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and interactive entertainment producers, today launched RollerCoaster Tycoon Joyride, a fully immersive, roller coaster builder and rider exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and enhanced for PlayStation VR. Based on the acclaimed RollerCoaster Tycoon series, RollerCoaster Tycoon Joyride lets players for the first time experience the thrill of not only creating their ultimate roller coasters but riding them in virtual reality. RollerCoaster Tycoon Joyride is also playable in non-VR mode on PlayStation 4 systems.
Additional Key Features Include:
- Freeform Coaster Builder: For the first time, players can experience a roller coaster builder optimized for console and PSVR allowing them to build any roller coaster they can imagine in minutes.
- Single Player and Multiplayer: Play through the progression system and sandbox modes or challenge friends to a build and ride in a couch multiplayer party to compete for the title of “RCT Build Master”.
- Stunning Environments: Explore and ride through the wild and hot desert of the Canyon for a daytime thrill-ride or the captivating skyline and streets of the City as you embark on your adventure at dusk.
- Ride and Shoot: Shoot down the highest number of targets as you ride to reach the top of the leaderboards.
- Realistic Physics: Experience a thrilling coaster adventure with realistic physics built into the game to make you feel adrenaline-pumping excitement.
- Pre-Built Coasters: Jump straight into the immersive experience with pre-built coasters.
- Social Features: Share your incredible roller coaster creations via PlayStation Network.
“While we have a vast catalogue of fantastic and iconic games to choose from, we felt the fan-favourite RollerCoaster Tycoon series is ideal for Atari to make its entry into the exciting virtual reality space,” said Fred Chesnais, Chief Executive Officer of Atari. “Being able to design your ultimate roller coaster and then actually jump in and ride your own creation as well as sharing them via PlayStation™Network is an electrifying experience that few will be able to resist.”
Developed by Nvizzio Creations, RollerCoaster Tycoon Joyride is rated E for Everyone and available now on PlayStation 4 system for $29.99 (USD).