AtomTeam, the developers behind Atom RPG has announced that after spending a year in Steam Early Access, the ambitious RPG will be released on 19th of December, 2018. By then the team would finish polishing the game mechanics, testing of new content, error fixing, and will finalize the main questline of the game.
In the words of the developers,
“The fact that we’re releasing the game, though, does not mean that we’re stopping development. ATOM is still going to receive a lot of free additional content way after the release date.”
“And last, but not least… As we the developers, and you, the players, already know, this game we dreamt of creating for all those years, would never be possible without your trust. This is why we decided to add a bonus “veteran’s kit” for all who bought and played ATOM while it was still Early Access. Thank you for believing in us.”
Now, a quick summary of the things you’ll be getting in 1.0:
- Added a third global map that was needed to finish the game’s main storyline. It’s a place called the “Dead city” – a forgotten, mutant-ridden metropolis that was destroyed by nuclear warheads. After this place was finished, we loved it so much, we’re currently planning on expanding it in future updates! Hope you’ll enjoy it too!
- New NPCs and quests.
- An ability to roam the Wastes in a car of your own!
- New dungeons including an experimental-AI-run secret Bunker.
- New traits available on character creation.
- New cinematic that will show off how you impacted the Wasteland.
ATOM RPG is a post-apocalyptic indie game, inspired by classic CRPGs: Fallout, Wasteland, System Shock, Deus Ex, Baldur’s Gate and many others.
In 1986 both the Soviet Union and the Western Bloc were destroyed in mutual nuclear bombings. You are one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust. Your mission – to explore the wild and wondrous world of the Soviet Wasteland. To earn your place under the sun. And to investigate a shadowy conspiracy, aimed at destroying all that is left of life on Earth.
• A powerful character creation tool, aimed at making the wasteland hero you want to portray!
• A balanced roleplaying system inspired by GURPS. Each stat combination provides a unique gaming experience, unique dialogues, and new ways to solve some of the quests!
• Dozens of skills, from lockpicking to gambling!
• Many hours of gameplay on all sorts of locations. Meet the other survivors in a brave new settlement, built from the dust of the old world. Venture into the wilds, where mutated creatures and savage bandits lurk. Work out the secrets of an old military bunker. Or simply lose yourself, fishing at a scenic pond…
• Turn-based combat, inspired by Fallout 1 and 2.
• Random encounters with the dwellers of the Soviet Wasteland – both friendly and dangerous. Sometimes all at the same time…
• Many deep, multiple-choice dialogues that feel like real conversations with the unique NPCs of the game.
• Nonlinear gameplay! Dozens of quests, each with many alternative solutions. Play the game like You want to!