The version 5.0 update for Nintendo’s Switch exclusive boxing game, ARMS, is live right now and adds a bunch of new content and tweaks to the game.
The highlight is definitely the brand new fighter, Dr. Coyle. Here’s her bio from the official ARMS website:
“She’s the director of ARMS Laboratories, and a certified genius. Fascinated with ARMS since she was a young girl, Dr. Coyle decided early on to devote her entire life to ARMS research. Her plans for this research are not necessarily nefarious… She simply wants to be the most powerful ARMS fighter of all time…even if that means subjecting herself to her own experiments. But all her pain and hard work will be worth it if she wins the ARMS Grand Prix!”
Her special abilities include teleportation and bringing out an extra ARM for fighting. She also gets her own stage called [NAME REDACTED] – yep that’s exactly what it’s called. Watch Dr. Coyle’s introduction trailer below:
Here’s the full patch notes for v5.0 (which can also be viewed on Nintendo’s support site)
- New fighter “Dr. Coyle” is now available. Play the Grand Prix at LV6 or higher as someone other than Dr. Coyle and see what happens…
- New ARM “Lokjaw” added.
- New ARM “Parabola” added.
- New ARM “Brrchuk” added.
- New stage [NAME REDACTED] added.
- For Grand Prix LV6 and lower, the computer will now get stronger as you get deeper into the Grand Prix.
- For Grand Prix LV7, the computer will start out strong right from the first match, as usual.
- You can now view stats from previous Party Crash events in “Stats.”
- Added new badges related to Dr. Coyle.
- Fixed issue in online play where the healing area created by HP Juice would sometimes shift position.
- Adjusted abilities of some fighters and ARMS.