Folks on the hunt for their next RPG fix should take a look at Vigilantes, the neo-noir tactical, turn-based RPG which is being developed by Timeslip Softworks (they had me sold at neo-noir). Set in the crime-ridden city of Reiker, the game offers hardcore squad-level combat in a gritty neo-noir setting, intel gathering through surveillance and interrogation, a detailed character system, base building, crafting, and much more.
In Vigilantes, players assume the role of Sam Contino; a conscientious citizen dragged down the rabbit hole of vigilantism. Players will have under their control a crew of hardened crime-fighters and will be able to assist citizens in distress and use their skills to get the drop on enemies before the first shot is fired.
- Locate gang leaders and facilities using surveillance and interrogation.
- Assist citizens in distress. Talk a young man, who has lost all hope, down from a roof-top and help an old woman whose door has been bashed in by thugs.
- Build and upgrade 5 base facilities (gym, library, firing range, surgery, workshop).
- Craft and upgrade armour and equipment.
- Prevent fleeing enemies from escaping combat, as they become more powerful.
Watch the trailer for Vigilantes below!
Vigilantes is currently on Steam Early Access and will get a full release on October 4, 2018.