Today, Ubisoft announced the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey post-launch plan, including a Season Pass with two major, episodic pieces of narrative content and Assassin’s Creed® III Remastered. Additionally, all Assassin’s Creed Odyssey players will have access to free content, including the story-focused and episodic Lost Tales of Greece, as well as daily and weekly in-game events.
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey live roadmap plan is the biggest and most ambitious in the franchise, giving players more story content than ever before, in a brand new, episodic format, for the two story arcs included in the Season Pass. Players will be able to dive into new episodes as they premiere, or experience the epic adventures in their entirety once all episodes are available.
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass includes:
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin, born amidst the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody uprising draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include :
- All the DLC: The Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- Assassin’s Creed® Liberation Remastered.
The Remastered editions will feature 4K and HDR on PS4™ Pro, Xbox One X and PC, higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, and several other graphical enhancements. Gameplay mechanics and ergonomics have also been improved. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be sold as a stand-alone title for players who do not own the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass.
The Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan and Pantheon Editions, and is also available for purchase separately.
In addition, an extensive lineup of free content, including new narrative content and in-game events, will be available for all players after launch, including:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
There will be more to come as the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey development team is committed to support the game and continued improvement of the core experience with additional content, yet to be revealed.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will be released worldwide on October 5th, 2018. Gold, Collectors and Ultimate Editions owners will have access to the game three days early, starting October 2nd, 2018.