The release of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor has paved a way for the Nemesis Engine’s rise to popularity. The smooth combat animations, flattering graphics, the ravishing world design, the cinematic cut scenes and the ability of the engine to create procedurally generated characters with their own traits and weaknesses was something unique in its own way. Not only that, the story that borrows from the rich lore of ‘The Lord of The Rings’ franchise also adds extra depth to the game.
A few days ago, Monolith Studios announced that they have decided to add extra features that will come with their latest title ‘Middle earth: Shadow of War’. The Nemesis Game Engine has allowed the creation of unique fortresses on the mortal plains of Mordor. Such is the scope of this innovative engine that it permits the players to implement their own strategies to over come their enemies by unleashing terror upon the fortresses and the perilous forces that encircle them, thereby, adding a hint of eccentricity to the game. These are many of the few trivial features that will be administered into the game.
The major one, however, is the addition of an open market. The new game allows the players to forge, customize and even possess a personal army of orcs. There are many different ways of doing this, including dominating orcs by exploring the vast open-world and encountering them as part of Orc society, or players can acquire Orcs and other items through the Market(in-game store). It is through this market that the players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles(this requires an open internet connection to access Monolith’s servers from the game itself).
The various other things that the loot chests contain are:-
• Loot Chests contain Gear (weapons and armor) of varying rarity. Equipping and upgrading these weapons and armor enhance Talion’s character abilities. Loot Chests can also contain XP Boosts that help level up Talion faster.
• War Chests provide Orc followers of varying rarity to help forge a strong army. They can also contain Training Orders to level up and customize Orc followers.
• XP Boosts are consumables that help level up Talion faster.
• Bundles package up Loot Chests, War Chests and Boosts together at a great value.
To purchase these items, players can spend Mirian or Gold throughout the game as one progresses. Mirian is a type of in-game currency that can be acquired by:
• Defeating Treasure Orcs
• Destroying Gear for Mirian
• Destroying Orc followers for Gear (which can be destroyed for Mirian)
• Finding Mirian stashes throughout the game
Gold is another form of in-game currency that can be used to get higher level Loot Chests, War Chests, Boosts and Bundles of the aforementioned content. Gold can be acquired by:
• Purchasing through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store or by adding to your Steam Wallet using real money.
• Awarded in small amounts at specific milestones.
• Awarded for participating in community challenges.
This is indeed an intricate touch to the game. With micro-transactions being more fashionable these days, this distinctive attribute will ensure a steady flow of capital to the developers and on the other side, discourage piracy for it requires the players to connect to monolith servers in order to purchase the necessary goods.1 Upvote