Today, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics announced that enhancements for the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider are now available for Microsoft’s Xbox One X in conjunction with the new console’s launch. Players who have already purchased the game for Xbox One can now freely download and experience the wide range of new technical features on Xbox One X.
Developed in partnership with long-time partners Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X features for the award-winning experience include the highest fidelity graphics ever in a Tomb Raider game. The new technical enhancements leverage the full power of Xbox One X and offer visual settings that gamers can tailor to their taste.
Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes:
- Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for the highest fidelity resolution
- Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
- High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay
New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments for even more immersive and realistic details
Additional visual enhancements include:
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Amplified texture filtering
In addition to these visual enhancements, current season pass owners who own an Xbox One X will receive all of the new content featured in Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration. This includes the “Blood Ties” single player content, co-op play for Endurance mode, “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and five classic Lara skins. Additionally, all previously released downloadable content such as Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, seven weapons, and 35 expedition cards are available. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration received over 100 awards and nominations and is one of the highest rated games on next generation systems. Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous regions of Siberia in search of the secret of immortality.
Watch the trailer here :