I just love Mark of the Ninja. Klei’s magnum opus is a visually appealing 2D sidescrolling stealth game, one of the very best since Thief 2: The Metal Age. Developer Klei had an announced that a remastered version was in the works and would be out later this year. Now, the studio has explained what we can expect from the upcoming remaster.
- The remastered version will feature in-game art rendered at up to 4K, as opposed to the original 720p.
- All the cinematics have been re-exported 4K and most scenes have been reanimated.
- The soundtrack has been remixed and remastered in 5.1 audio.
- An unlockable New Game+ mode will add “new challenges and rewards.”
- Includes Dosan’s Tale DLC that was released for the 2013 Special Edition of the game, which adds a new character, level, items, and developer commentary.
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered will go for ₹529 on Steam, although you can pick it up at a 15% discount should you pre-purchase the game. Owners of the base game can upgrade to the Remastered version, with the Special Edition DLC, for ₹199, and if you already own the special edition, the Remastered upgrade is free.
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered is also coming out for Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One.