Design your own custom spells in an epic action-adventure
Borealys Games has announced its Kickstarter campaign for the upcoming game, Mages of Mystralia, an epic action-adventure set in a lively fantasy world in which you can design your own custom spells.
In contrast with other games that feature magic, Mages of Mystralia does not provide any pre-rendered spells for the player to unlock. Instead, the game has an intuitive yet powerful spellcrafting system that can be used to create potentially millions of different spells. All of these spells are rendered dynamically by the game, so players are not limited by what the designer put in the game. Players are limited only by their own creativity.
In Mages of Mystralia, you play as Zia, a young girl who discovers that she has been born with an innate sense of magic. Magic has been banned in Mystralia, so she strikes off to train on her own and learn to control her abilities. On her journey, she meets other exiled mages and uncovers runes with magical properties and discovers that she can combine these runes in millions of different ways to come up with completely new spells.
The story was written by bestselling author Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms fantasy world for Dungeons and Dragons, which served as the basis for games like Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights, as well as about 170 fantasy books.
- Deep and intuitive spellcrafting system
- Wondrous coming of age tale
- Original and dynamic soundtrack recorded by a live orchestra
- Environmental puzzles and epic bosses
- Vibrant and colorful world to explore
Awards and Recognition:
- Best Game of PAX South 2017 – Hardcore Gamer
- Best Indie Game of PAX East 2016 – Gamer Nexus
- Best Indie Game Art of PAX West 2016 – Gamesight
- Nominee Gamer’s Voice Award, SXSW Gaming Awards