In a blog post on its official website, IO Interactive draws out what’s coming next to their action-stealth game, Hitman.
Throughout this October, Hitman’s getting 10 new Featured Contracts, Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack, 10 player-curated Featured Contracts and something mysterious (though its not a “Season 2” for Hitman, it’ll probably a new story DLC or more content, obviously).
Here’s what’s coming to Hitman this October, courtesy of IO Interactive:
Arriving October 13th
- 10 new Featured Contracts
You create Contracts and we feature the interesting, clever or creative ones. There is no perfect formula to explain how we select the contracts, but they have caught our attention for one reason or another.
- Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack
Colorado is the only location yet to have an added Challenge Pack. That ends this month with the release of The Master Scarecrow Challenge Pack. Look forward to 5 new challenges, each with a high amount of location mastery; a great way to top out your mastery and collect any remaining unlocks. Completing all of the challenges will unlock a new item for 47 to use in all locations. More about this Challenge Pack and the new item will be revealed next week.
Arriving Later in October
- Our next batch of 10 player-curated Featured Contracts arrives later in the month. These contracts function in the same way to the Featured Contracts that you’ve come to know and love in the game, with one big twist: one of our players will curate the list.The third curator to be in the spotlight is Hatch. He’s a British speedrunner who plays on PS4 in search of unique routes on fun contracts. You’ll get to know him even better later in the month when his curated contracts go live in the game and we publish a blog post right here with some insights into his choices.
Looking Ahead: Save The Date!
- Mark this date on your calendars: October 24th.
That’s the date when we will reveal brand new content for the game
- . We’re going to let the announcement itself do all the talking, but there is one thing we want to clarify before then;
this upcoming content is not “Season 2”
- . We’re saying that now to keep expectations in check.
- So, save the date, let’s hope it doesn’t leak and we’ll see you there!
Earlier this year, the future of the game was in doubt when it was turned out that Square Enix is parting its way with the Hitman developers; the studio also faced layoffs soon after. However, IO Interactive still gained rights to their Hitman franchise and goes fully independent.
The developers are doing whatever it takes to keep the game alive with a slew of new content dropping ever month to every owner of the game and that spirit is rather laudable.
Hitman is available on PS4, Xbox One and PC.UPVOTE