Yep, you read that correctly. Announced at Gamescom today, Square Enix’s latest heavy hitter in their long running Final Fantasy series is finally making it’s way to PC in early 2018. The game originally was for PS4 and XB1 and the PC release (subtitled Windows Edition) promises enhnaced visuals due to support for Nvidia tech. Here’s the official statement:
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
There is also support for both GeForce® Experience™ capture and share tools:
- NVIDIA Ansel™, an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
- NVIDIA ShadowPlay™ Highlights automatically captures the player’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot, enabling seamless sharing through social channels.
Here’s the Steam page for the game.
Watch the announcement trailer below: