Dead Cells – the mixture of modern roguelite and an old-school metroidvania game – fully launches digitally on PC, Mac, Linux, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on August 7, 2018 for 24.99$/€. To celebrate this announcement, Motion Twin has released a hot new trailer.
The console version of Dead Cells includes a special 20% off pre-order discount on Dead Cells for 19.99$/€ available now (Nintendo of America pre-order goes live on July 18). There will be no launch discount, so this will be the only chance for console players to save some money before launch. As previously announced, physical versions of Dead Cells are also available to pre-order from Signature Edition Games for PC, PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch.
Bringing the best of roguelite replayability and metroidvania-style permanent upgrades, Dead Cells aims to bring you permadeath, without the frustration of starting again. With almost 1 million copies sold on PC, you can be sure you’ll find something for you while you explore the interconnect levels, upgrade your weapons, take on formidable enemies and learn to master the game.
The core of the roguelite is player skill and personal progression, those unbeatable enemies from the first level? Stick with it and they’ll be nothing but a footnote in an exhilarating fight through to the final boss.
At launch, Dead Cells will include:
- 13 Levels – Each one with its own atmosphere, foes and secrets to discover.
- 4 Bosses – Made by the most sadistic of the devs, raised on the salt of the testers.
- 80 or so weapons and skills – Spears, swords, bows, freeze blast, etc.
- 4 special powers, unlocking new areas and paths (metroidvania gear lock items).
- 1 Daily Run Mode Complete with leaderboards for lording it over your mates (PC version only).