Coming to: Steam, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One in Q1 2018!
BadLand Games and SWDTech Games have joined forces to release 16-bit noir-themed RPG Pixel Noir in Q1 2018. The JRPG inspired game is being developed digitally for: Steam (PC, Mac & Linux), PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One. Physical details are still to be announced.
Incorporating a highly-stylized noir aesthetic – and inspired by Japanese RPG classics such as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, and EarthBound – Pixel Noir puts you in the shoes of a cop-turned-private-eye after a 10-year prison stint. An investigation gone awry at an abandoned hospital has left your partner dead, the hospital in ashes, and you behind bars for a crime you didn’t commit. Chasing down lost pets and beating the scum of Pinnacle City is just enough to stir the voices and visions that plague you every night… With your sanity at stake, how can you afford not to take the opportunity to clear your name?
Pixel Noir’s colorful cast of characters accompany you through Pinnacle City’s diverse territories as you search for the truth. Battle against the criminal underground turn by turn, and muster the courage to face beings well beyond the realm of your imagination …
“We’ve been building Pixel Noir for quite a long time – six years to be exact!” says Kunal Majmudar, co-owner at SWDTech Games. “We’ve gone from old, proof-of-concept builds to UX (User Experience) test builds to the current pre-alpha state. We’re hugely excited to not only announce our deal with BadLand Games, but to also announce the availability of the closed alpha demo to our amazing backers!”
“BadLand Games was forged in the fire that drives indie development, and our sole goal is to bring these incredible works of art to every gamer on the planet,” says BadLand Games CEO Luis Quintans. “Pixel Noir transcends genres to deliver something surprisingly new. Finding a gem like Pixel Noir is more than a mission; it’s in our blood.”
Pixel Noir will feature a soundtrack written and performed by in-house composer Kunal Majmudar and famed Secret of Mana composer Hiroki Kikuta. Crossovers with renowned indie darlings in Yacht Club Games’ Shovel Knight and Alonso Martin’s Heart Forth, Alicia are in the plans as well.
- Solve a variety of mysteries as Pinnacle City’s cheapest Private Eye! From missing pets to murder investigations, your detective skills will earn you either fortune or face punches.
- Fight enemies in turn-based combat. Customize your weapon to give you the edge in battle.
- Unleash devastating combo attacks by teaming up with other heroes in your team!
- Explore Pinnacle City a wretched hive of scum and villainy harboring black market trade and hawked by colorful characters.
- Use your investigation mode to reveal clues and over time unearth new secrets and storylines!