During an AMA on Reddit, Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey – Jonathan Dumont laid out some very interesting details regarding their upcoming open world game. We have noted down the highlights of the AMA, which are given below.
- The game will feature a reversible cover on the physical copy of the game. Each side of the cover will feature Kassandra on one side and Alexios on the other.
- A full dynamic weather system complete with rough storms when sailing the open waters.
- The parkour based tomb puzzles found in earlier installments of the game will be making a comeback.
- The Assassin’s storyline will continue with players discovering pieces of Eden. It’s not sure how this will be tackled, as Odyssey will be a prequel to Origins and the Brotherhood hasn’t been founded yet .
- The brand new recruiting system titled ‘Call to Arms’ will allow players to call in their crew to help out on tough combat situations and distracting NPCs.
- The Overall map is bigger, with half of it being the sea.
- There will be 7 types of Biomes and many subregions will give a different vibe and feel.
- You cannot customize the features of your character, but you can customise the clothing by mixing and matching gear sets with five different gear slots, and your hood will match the colour of your chest piece.
You can view more information on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey throughout this lengthy Reddit post including ship upgrading details, story info and much more.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is set to launch on October 5th, 2018 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.